Friday, November 20, 2009

Premature, Overdue, Or right on time!

Well the time has come to finish up the blog! This will be the very last blog that I write!


Last Friday after leaving the Internet and we went out shopping! Jean Carlos, Rosita and I went out to find gifts for me to bring home to my family! It was a beautiful day. We had a fabulous time laughing at everything. I do have a funny story from that day. We were just walking and looking at the shops and me and my Spanglish was just talking away! I looked and Jean Carlos and said," Si perro." For all who don't know the word pero with one R means but and the word perro with 2 R's means dog! He looked at me and said I can't believe you called me a dog! I put on my big sad face and said you knew what I meant ha ha! It was a fun day and a fun way to bring an end to my trip!
That night we went down to the beach with Jovana as well and took pictures! The beach was absolutely gorgeous. God is just so amazing! I can't put into words how beautiful He is!

On Saturday night I went back to one of the first churches I ministered at to minister again! The pastor there (Pastor Agustin) is so sweet! Him and his wife are an amazing couple! I spoke about what gear are you in! A lot of people believe if they are going forward then that is a good thing but in reality if you are going forward but God says wait then you are doing something wrong!
It's not about the direction your going in, it is about the obedience you have to go in that direction! It went very well that night! God used me to speak to about 30 youth! I am so thankful that God chose me! There are a lot of people in the world that He could use to share His word but he chose me! And He has chosen you too. Just listen to what He has to say. He could be calling you now. Don't become comfortable where you are that when God calls you immediately say not now! Open your ears and listen to what He has to say....It won't be easy! One of my new favorite statements is this," Faith makes things possible not easy." Just because we have faith does not mean it will be easy it will be possible though!

Sunday was my last day in Peru and probably the hardest I had! I never realized on how much of an impact the people had made on my life, and that I would be leaving them! I was speaking that night and very nervous! For everyone who knows me goodbyes are not something I am good at, nor do I like doing them! I remember thinking that day as I was preparing to speak God why do I feel like this on the inside, Why does it have to be so hard? I just felt a spirit of peace right after that, telling me everything will be ok!
That Sunday afternoon I read my entire journal from the day I left the states to that day! It is crazy to see how much I grew from that! What I preached on the Sunday wasn't some radical dropped dead in the spirit message. I just wanted to encourage them. I believe God had shared stuff with me while I had been there and I wanted to share that with them so they could press on through the hard times! My first point was Trust and Be Led. Render the steering wheel of your life to God and let Him lead you. The second point was Let God be God. He is so amazing! Nothing we do can even compare to Him! So let God be God. The third point was when your heart is overwhelmed go to the Rock that is higher than you! The fourth point was an old song that I remembered it goes," Say the name of Jesus. Say the name so Precious. Say the name of Jesus. There is no other name I know. That can dry your tears, erase your fears, and wipe away the pain. When you don't know what else to say and you can't find the words to pray, Just say the name of Jesus." I believe sometimes we forget the power the name of Jesus holds! It doesn't take a fancy prayer or some big speaker with a great message to make big things happen! The name of Jesus is all we need! His name is all we have to say. The fifth thing was to have roots before branches. We have to dig deep and really know who we are before we produce fruit! You can't get a tree without planting a seed at first. Plant your seed and let your roots get down in deep! The last thing I shared with them was about being pregnant with dreams and desires! This was something that God really shared with me the last week I was there! Everyone has been impregnated with dreams and desires, But just like a real baby our dreams can either come premature, overdue, or right on time! Sometimes we try to push before the dream has developed and so there comes many complications through this. A lot of hospital time. Or we become comfortable and don't push! God is whispering in our ears to go, go , go, now is the time for your dream to come forth. Instead of listening and being obedient we become complacent and our dream isn't as fruitful as it could have been! We can also be right on time! To be on time you have to listen, Be obedient, and be willing to sacrifice! I don't know about you but as for me I don't want a premature or overdue dream! I want my dreams to be fruitful and be healthy.

I have a kind of tear jerking story to tell you. This happened on Sunday before, during, and after service. It really touched my heart. Before this week there is a couple who had been hurt and stopped coming to the services. I really loved this couple. Pastor David looked at me and told me on Saturday," Austyn I don't know if they will come." I was very saddened on the inside to know that I may not get to say bye. I wouldn't get to say bye over a super silly situation. I was in the front singing along with Jean Carlos and Jovana. Really worshipping and asking God to speak through me tonight. We were singing a beautiful worship song and I lifted up my head to raise my hands. When I opened my eyes I saw them both in the service. I just started to cry. I was so happy to see them there! Near the end of service Pastor David wanted to pray over me. He had everyone come and lay hands on me! I just broke. Seeing a big man in tears made me cry even more! After service was over and we had had a little goodbye party, It was really time to say goodbye. The couple that I wasn't sure what going to come said goodbye first. His words will always stick with. He said, "Miss Austyn, whenever someone comes here to Peru from another country I try and stay away because I know I will get attached and not want to see them leave. Then it comes time for them to leave and I am very sad. I tried to do that with you but I couldn't. But you know what? You different than all the other missionaries that have come down! I know that you will be back here sometime. And until I am going to do to what you said to do." I couldn't stop crying after that! I will never forget his words! It was what I needed to hear right when I need to hear it! That night was very rough to say goodbye to everyone! I miss them dearly! They are truly my second family! I wish I could have brought them all back with me!

Now being back in the United States is very different! It has its weird moments. I have very happy to be back with my family. I really missed them! Being back brings forth new challenges and new difficulties. I am ready to face them and for the next step in life! I don't know where God will bring me next. I do know that I will rest in Him until the next door is open! For everyone who is wondering I will make it back to Peru sometime! I don't know when but I do know that this was the first of many times I will be there! My stomach is having a little harder time than I excepted. It takes some getting used to when you go from eating all natural foods to processed foods.

I want to encourage everyone to keep a humble spirit! To lean not on what you have always known but what God has said about you. He will direct your paths and He will tell you the next step! Sit and wait in His presence until the time is right! Let Him be your strength. Let Him help you through the process! We serve an awesome God! He is truly amazing beyond explanation!

Please Continue to pray for Peru. Continue to pray for Pastor David and Cecilia Hodges. There is always stuff going on. I have received some crazy information this past week since being home and we need to continue to pray for them. I believe that God's name will be exalted and glorified through every situation!
Love Austyn

No comments:

Post a Comment